Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baby bump!


     For those of you who don't know, I am 23 weeks and 5 days pregnant as of today :) My due date is Aug 30th. We found out in December 2011, and since then have been planning and getting ready.
     I went through the typical pregnancy "symptoms" that everyone goes through, morning sickness, a bit of moodiness, unable to eat certain foods. After I got to the second trimester, it got easier and I felt like my normal self, except for the fact that my stomach was starting to grow :p

     We were so excited to find out what we were having, a boy! His name is going to be Teagan Ryan - and trust me, we discussed a lot of names! Teagan; because we like it and Ryan after his daddy’s middle name :)





     At that ultrasound visit, the doctors noticed an issue with my cervix. Instead of it being 4 centimeters like a normal cervix, my cervix was at a 2.4 and funneling; basically making way for the baby to come out sooner. Strenuous exercise was only going to make it worse, with a possibility of losing the baby.
     My regular doctor sent me to the MFM (Maternal Fetal Med) doctors, who are basically the high-risk pregnancy doctors. I was given strict orders not to go back to work, and to be on bed rest so I would not risk losing the baby. They also started me on a Progesterone shot, which is supposed to help reduce preterm labor/birth.
      It was also discussed by the doctors to do a cervical cerclage, basically put a stitch in to help keep the baby in longer. But because I am not below a 2, the doctors are leaving it up to us to make the decision to have the stitch or not. I have a doctor’s appointment today at 3pm, and from there the final decision will be made on whether or not they'll be doing the stitch.

I will let you all know!

No comments:

Post a Comment